21.9.12

Thanks For That Comment, Jo Jo

Here at Growls by Sprouls, we like to refer to ourselves as an entire entity or corporation, despite the fact that we are one teenage boy sitting in a dorm room.  And we take all of our operations seriously.

Recently, our comment department has been in a bit of an uproar.  We have received three comments in five posts.  These are record-setting numbers, people.  It's a big deal.  And all these comments mean only one thing.


You people seriously have no idea how much I love this picture of me.  I really wish we could have used it for my senior pictures.  But, alas, I was too late.  Also, I doubt that they would have let me keep that in the yearbook because of how much strife other students would be in for not looking nearly as attractive as I do in this picture.

But enough of my sarcasm, the point I am trying to make is that I got my first spam comment.


Yep.  I basically whored out one of my other posts just so I could segue in really unprofessional manner to something that has nothing to do with the segue itself.

This college composition class is doing wonders for my writer's voice.

But back to spam comments.  A few weeks ago, I posted a little scientific essay titled Orange Markers are God's Gift to Art Supplies, to critical acclaim.  And by critical acclaim, I mean a couple people saying "Oh Dorsey, you goofy goober."

Which is pretty good for me.

After this, I went on with my life, and so did everyone else involved.

OR SO I THOUGHT.

Yesterday afternoon, I got an email (wow, two email references?  I'm, like, old) saying that a kind person named Jo Jo had commented on my orange marker post.

Throughout the process of readin the comment, I kinda looked like this:





Here was the comment, just so you can understand the context.

Like everything in life, it is not what happens to you but how you respond to it that counts.  Send gifts to Pakistan.

...what?

No.  Seriously.  What?

What does the color orange have to do with Pakistan, and why would my love for Orange Crayola Markers give someone the idea that I was a humanitarian?

(On a side note, I'm not a humanitarian because I'm an asshole.  I'm not a humanitarian because I don't even have the funds to support myself.  HOLLAAAAAAA SCHOOL BILLS)

Then it hit me, like a blackjack dealer who realized that I was giving him the stink eye for three hours straight and couldn't take it anymore, so he just dropped the deck of cards and decked me.



Two things were suddenly clear.
  1. I was definitely abusing the webcam on my computer in the absence of MS Paint.
  2. I had just received a spam comment.
A spam comment.  SOMEONE HAD SPAMMED ME.

So, long story short, I'm officially a celebrity now.

It's not like someone just would comment on each blog they could possibly find in a desperate attempt to get... more... followers..............

I have some commenting to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment