Now this is pretty typical of me, and because I had noticed the despairing fact that my plea for internet popularity has yet to become reality, I was pretty bummed.
Okay, not really. But I did kinda look like this.
Why did I do this on MS Paint? Why not actually draw it out and scan it? I'll tell you why. The internet was not working.
Now this is nothing new; I've been using Windows pretty much since my parents got our old Windows 98 system in 2000, in typical "behind the times" Sprouls fashion.
We're up to Vista now.
No jokes now. Let's be pleasant, okay?
Anyway, the thing about our computer is that it has a bit of an ability to, how we say, state the obvious.
So, for about an hour, my life was filled with events that kinda folded out like this:
***
COMPUTER: google.com is not responding.
ME: Thanks for the update, Computer? I only kinda noticed ten minutes ago...
COMPUTER: google.com is not responding.
ME: Yeah, I got that. Uh, Ctrl Alt Delete?
COMPUTER: ...
ME: ...
COMPUTER: ...
ME: Ctrl Alt Delete?
COMPUTER: google.com is not responding.
ME: (copious amount of obsenities). CTRL ALT DELETE!
COMPUTER: Would you like to open up Task Manager?
ME: YES!!!
COMPUTER: ...
ME: ...
COMPUTER: google.com is not responding.
ME: FINE! Exit out.
COMPUTER: ...
ME: Oh no.
COMPUTER: google.com is-
ME: I KNOW!
COMPUTER: would you like to recover webpage?
ME: Ugh. Fine.
COMPUTER: recovering webpage.
ME: Well, at least it's a start.
COMPUTER: google.com is not responding.
***
And that's how I got into reading books again.
And that's also how I got this neat little lump on my forehead.
Hitting your head on computer desks in frustration is a swell way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment