The really sad part is not that my summer vacation is playing out exactly like this, it's that it is currently playing out even more slowly.
Don't get me wrong, I'm never really bored with friends, but it's gotten to the point where all my fun stories either involve inside jokes or "you-had-to-be-there" moments.
It's a good thing that I'm getting a little shaggy. Might need another haircut. My social life is just SOARING at the moment.
I mean, yeah, I guess I could just call someone up and say, "HEY LET'S GO DO SOMETHING EXCITING AND SOMETHING I CAN TELL STORIES ABOUT." Unfortunately, the most excitement my friends ever do is maybe drink one too many Mountain Dews.
I NEVER GET FUN STORIES LIKE THIS! I just drew this last-second in MS Paint just so I can have an exciting looking thumbnail to get more views. Maybe a whole two or three if I'm lucky.Then, I realized I spelled "evening" wrong. But you know what? I'm a rebel, so I'll keep it. Because I am the definition of BAD ASS.
I was pulled over by a cop. For real.
I was on my bike and the officer gave me a coupon for a free cookie because Mom made me wear a helmet when I was younger. Had he known that I was rebelling and not wearing it tightly, I never would have gotten that coupon. I cheated the system.
And don't think that I don't break the law. I'm a huge criminal. I jaywalk ALL THE TIME. Human Frogger? Yeah, I'm a champion. I have never lost a life. And get this. You know that speed limit? I HAVE GONE A WHOLE FIVE MPH OVER THE LIMIT.
I am such a badass, you have no idea. What, with rolling my windows down and playing my music at a respectable level. I go to parties where the neighbors complain that the noise isn't loud enough. I am such a terrible person. I should be arrested.
Actually, no I shouldn't. I would be terrible in jail. I'd be someone's bitch faster than an unclaimed 18-year old woman at a pimp convention. And, quite frankly, if I complain about the food at school, I would probably last about a week before I was craving our "Cheesy Enchilda Bake."
For those of you who have not experienced the wonder of the Cheesy Enchilada Bake, allow me to give you a taste. It's a collection of overcooked meat, soggy beans, and some yellow substance that apparently is cheese, but most people are well aware that it's probably just the mold that formed on those beans. All that, cooked much longer than it should be, then served up to look like a steaming pile of vomit.
And that's an understatement.
So, I hope all of you are enjoying your summers and that your summer stories are very blog worthy summer. I'm going to complain about my boredom some more and then sit and stare at a wall. Because, hey, just because I like to complain doesn't mean that I'll do something about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment