19.9.12

The Internet Is My New Best Friend

Now that I am officially settled into college enough to distinguish the boring routine (which, for the record, is still approximately 800% better than high school), I have discovered that everyone in all of college gets addicted to some substance of some sort.  For some kids, it's alcohol.  For others, it's cigarettes.  Some people even get on to marijuana, cocaine, and meth.

Me?  I get hooked on this.


And this.



And most importantly, this.




That would be one of the many twitter logos, in case you aren't a savvy college e-addict like I am.  It's gotten to the point where instead of going outside to socialize with friends, I've grown increasingly fond of my new "friends" on the internet.

Various YouTube sensations that don't know you exist count as friends, right?

Of course they do.

Now, as my first round of exams are quickly approaching, I've found myself browsing sites like Reddit,  IWasteSoMuchTime, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube between intense sessions at looking back through my various notes.  And as I've gotten further and further into my classes, I've been getting further and further into this mindset that I'm going to fail every one, despite the fact that I have yet to skip a class and have even been paying attention and taking notes in all the classes.  In essence, when I look at these notes in a language that I'm 80% sure is slowly turning into Korean, I feel kind of like this:


Now, while I may not exactly be a brony (okay, maybe a little bit), I feel like I'm not the only one as well.  Partially because there are people here who have the same problem as me.

CASE IN POINT:  I had my first group study session last Wednesday after the last class of the day.  We met at four, had a special room in the library set up and closed off until five, had a powerpoint going over vocabulary words we were having trouble over, planned an extensive discussion program, AND...

...spent about thirty minutes watching various YouTube videos and learning how to dance Gangnam Style.

Us art kids sure are over-achievers.  I'm glad for my sake that it wasn't the theatre kids I was studying with, because that would have either been show tunes or Disney.  And we probably would have gotten kicked out of the library for being loud and obnoxious.

Wait, theatre kids?  Obnoxious?  NEVER!  Okay, sometimes.  Half of the time. 90 percent.  All the time.  Shut up.

To make matters worse for my internet addiction hasn't exactly waned when you factor in the fact that all of our campus is has great wifi.

Well, not really, but those lucky art kids get Macbooks which means, that by the power of fancy looks and advertising, the wifi works better.

Wait, I'm an art kid.  HELLO, INTERWEBS, IT'S BEEN SO LONG, LIKE A WHOLE SIX SECONDS

But, every once in a while, and by once in a while, I mean about two hours, the wifi gets really cruddy in my dorm room.  As I'm in my dorm room constantly, this is just great news, because that means I don't have the internet so I can look up my pug pictures!

Then I look and see that I have the entire catalogue of Adobe cs6 on my dashboard.  And iTunes.  And Garage Band.

In short, nothing productive has been done by me all week.  At least in terms of my classes.

But don't worry.  They're all writing and art classes.  And as I can bullshit one of these posts in like 20 minutes...uh, I mean WRITE FOCUSED-LIKE FOR LIKE TWENTY HOURS AND THAT IS JUST THE FIRST DRAFT... I think I can handle a 750-word essay about a toy cat for my college comp class.  And The Art of Seeing?  HA.  I laugh at the name of The Art of Seeing.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

This is the part where the Hyenas come out and chase me and for my dad to save my life.

Hear that, Dad?  Better hurry up and come here!  And by save, I mean some new headphones because mine crapped out because they were like five bucks and were kinda crappy to begin with and not everyone likes British rock.

What, you have a job?  And a life?  And I can buy those earbuds on my own?

Oh, some Mufasa you are.

And for the record, I am NOT that pathetic about asking my parents for money.

Okay, that's a lie.  I totally am.

No comments:

Post a Comment