You know, they put way too much emphasis on this whole "senior year" in high school. They romanticize this year as some glorious, beautiful thing, but so far it hasn't been too promising. I had been so looking forward to being completely in charge for once, but now that I sort of am, I find myself genuinely confused because I think I finally realized that, to be a leader, one must actually know what the hell one is doing.
I sometimes have issues with that.
Also, this whole senior attitude thing us seniors have? You know, the attitude where we think everything is just stupid? Yeah, I think it's just stupid. I hate it.
I'm like a senior within a senior.
Seniorception.
More internet memes.
And that senior slide thing? Yeah, I'm desperately hoping that won't happen, but with IB Calculus, IB English, and the dastardly Drawing A looming over my head, keeping a B average seems like climbing Mt. Everest as a paraplegic. Turns out it's pretty hard to push those wheelchairs up steep slopes. Who knew?
But no, the thing that concerned me the most was not the scary threat of an art class given to a senior who wishes to go to college for an art degree (shocking, I know). Nor was it recieving our Calc book, which I'm pretty sure can be used as a better weapon than most firearms (seriously, you can crush boulders with this behemoth). And it was not at all the fact that we have to read Huckleberry Finn ('N it's dern herd ta und-uh-st'nd errone wheyun dey awll tock laik diyuss).
No. It was in Political Science.
Now, I am your typical uninformed American teenager, so by stereotype, I couldn't care less about politics. However, I can stand mudslinging, truth-bending politicians much more easily than I can bear what I had to sit through.
It was horrible. It was a Powerpoint presentation.
In Comic Sans.
COMIC SANS!
Look, I'm not much of a font guy, but if I can clearly recognize the fonts Jokerman, Papyrus, Mistral, or (God help us all) Comic Sans in ANY type of media, my mood will instantly plummet from great to psycho-killer.
And it's not even the worst one, either.
That was Comic Sans, followed by Papyrus, Jokerman, Mistral, Freestyle Script, Impact, Juice, Kristen, and Matisse.
I like to call it my "Nine Layers of Font Hell."
You know, this post originally was supposed to be about how senior year wasn't starting off as smoothly as planned.
Typical. Juuuuuuust typical.
But back to this whole "Senior" thing.
Actually, no. I'm done here. I have a mammoth Calc book to tame.
If I die, tell the juniors at school that they're morons. No, write it in a letter. In Matisse. They deserve it.

No comments:
Post a Comment