15.7.11

Mini-Golf and Poor Air Circulation (Part 3)

Colorado Trip: Day 2.

On the second day of our amazing road trip or road trippiness, we finally found ourselves actually in the state of Colorado, which was a relief, because I was bored of the bland Nebraska scenery.

Like always.

Anyway, we drove our newly redecorated and renamed vans, half of us lying on the floor, attempting to sleep because we found the church we stayed at the previous night just a little bit too creepy.  There were lots of sweet mountains to take pictures of, but because we were "On a Schedule," we were not allowed to stop and take pictures of said sweet mountains, so I had to suffer and take my exquisite photographs behind a grimy window covered in window paint saying things along the lines of "Rubber Ducky" and "Boom Shaka-Laka," which meant that none of them would be that good at all.

I still took about eighty.

We stopped at the eight rest stops over the course of the day (none of which had anything to take pictures of, forcing me to take pictures of...gasp...living people), and it kind of irritated me, because I am easily irritated.  That has nothing to do with the story of the day, but I just like to make sure my blogs are nice and lengthy to make up for lost time.

And now on to relevant things.

We stopped that night at this neat little place over in Colorado (surprise, surprise) and had just a jolly good time exploring the nearby area until mosquitos came to try and rip our throats out.  After bathing in bug spray, we ventured out again to play a couple rounds of mini-golf and a mini-golf course that probably hadn't been used in about twenty years.

Come to think of it, a lot of the things we experienced this week hadn't been used for a multitude of years. 
I have no idea why it took me that long to realize this.

But this golf course really hadn't been used in a while.  The sand traps looked realistic, though.  Probably because it had been a forever amount of years since the fake turf had been maintained.  There were lines in the greens that looked like canyons.  The water was just blue-colored turf.  There were windmills that stood facing the sunset, still as statues.  There was something poetic about the whole place, but I'm really not all that into poetry, so I'll just leave it at that.

All in all, it looked like it had been inhabited once eons ago by miniature humans.  It would make for a great sci-fi/fantasy story.  No joke.

But that really isn't important, because after all, this is a blog about me and I'm terrible at Mini-Golf.

See, this place we stayed at was also not a hotel.  Now I say that in the nicest way.  I actually enjoyed my stay at there, and would have willingly stayed there another night, on one condition.

That condition?

Someone seriously needs to put some windows in that place.

Now I like the concept of being safe and un-molested by intruders just as much as the next guy/girl, but let's face it.  Putting ten sweaty teenage guys in a room with no air flow on a hot summer night, and nine or more of those guys will not sleep well and be moderately to extremely crabby for the next day.

Guess who was one of those boys.

Not me, because I only complain when I know that no one is listening, watching, or reading.

Which is why this is all on a blog that is available for pretty much anyone to see.

I love my logic.  It's never wrong.

That morning, as I stumbled out of the sauna that was five bunk beds confined in a space about the size of my bedroom, I was welcomed with a cold blast of Colorado morning air, which, by the way, if you haven't experienced, you really should, and soon.

I then took a walk.  It was a nice walk, but it was short, because I thought I would be getting lost and I was really hungry and really wanted a muffin and some coffee.

The muffin I got.

The coffee I had to wait for.

(That was my suspenseful ending, in case you were wondering)

No comments:

Post a Comment