12.2.13

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

I won a major award.  No.  Not really.  I won the Liebster Blog award, which from my vast knowledge of German (Three years in high school and rapidly fading away), means something around the lines of "lovely blog."  There are a few rules that go with thi-OH MY GOD WHO IS PLAYING THE DUBSTEP DOWN THE HALLWAY THE VIBRATIONS ARE RATTLING MY BRAIN AND TURNING IT INTO A SLURPEE

College is annoying sometimes.

Anyway, I won this blog contest thingy, but it's less of a contest, and more of a promote-y thing to help bloggers that don't have many followers to get a little extra attention.  And as I am an attention whore, well, this is wonderful for me.

So now, I present to you, direct from the hands of Aqsa over at Mischief Managed, my super-shiny awesome excellent award.

Not gonna lie, this is probably the most adorable picture on the entire page.


That being said, there are a few things I have to do, now that I have recieved this award, one being this specific post now.  This post has four rules:
  1. 10 random facts about myself
  2. Answer the questions that were given to me by the person who gave me the award
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers
  4. Ask 11 questions for these 11 phenomenal bloggers to answer when they accept the Liebster Blog award.
Cool?  Cool!  Let's begin.

  1. I am a Freshman graphic communications major at Northern Michigan University.  That's a fancy way of saying "art student who has a larger percentage of having a decent future."  Most of the non-MS paint pictures on this website, and my other site, douchebagdarrel.net, were made by me in either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.  I'm still fairly green at the graphics part, but as for design, I've been doing T-shirts and posters for various plays and stuff at my high school for the past couple of years.
  2. I love the Pokémon Trading Card Game and Magic:  the Gathering and am only slightly embarrassed to admit that.
  3. My favorite words are "juice" and "diphthong."
  4. I love the Winter season, but hate being cold.  It is a constant battle between "WOW THIS IS BEAUTIFUL" and "HOLY TITS I'M FREEZING"
  5. Most kids my age drink a lot of alcohol illegally.  I drink Coffee.
  6. I am giving up Coffee for the Lent season, which starts tomorrow.  I will be angry until Easter Sunday.  Very.  Angry.
  7. I hate both Sports and First-Person Shooter video games.  And yet I still have a Y Chromosome. Scientific studies have yet to begin on this strange phenomenon.
  8. I play guitar and sing.  I've been trying to get my mitts on a decent microphone so I could attempt to record songs (ORIGINAL ONES THAT I WROTE AND ARE POETIC AND STUFF), but to no avail...yet.  It's in the future though.
  9. When my music is on shuffle, it can go from Frank Sinatra to Metallica to Eminem to the Strokes.  I love music as much as I love drawing, and I always listen to music whenever I can.
  10. I draw, and I love to draw pictures for people, but I really hate, no, absolutely despise it when people ask for me to draw pictures for them.  I will only do requests once in a blue moon, and if I  actually do, then you really really really mean a lot to me.  I feel like it's a really special thing if I draw you something, and if you have to ask, it ruins the moment.  SO STOP ASKING FOR REQUESTS...unless you pay me.  Then I'll do it. $$$$$$$$$$$











Aqsa asked me a few questions, so here are my answers!
  • What is the first thing you do when you wake up? 
    I usually check my alarm clock to make sure I didn't sleep through it...usually quickly and comedically, as I'm in a loft, and am in constant danger of hitting my head on the ceiling.
  • How do you express your anger?
    I vent about it to my friends or my blogger followers.  If I can't do that, I blast music through my headphones and distract myself with drawing or the internet.
  • If you had to live on a lonely island and take only one book with you, which one would that be?
    1984, by George Orwell.  It's the greatest book I've ever read.
  • An embarrassing moment/ fact about you?
    You mean saying I play Magic:  the Gathering isn't enough for you?  SHEEEEEEEEEEEEESH well I also would be totally down for a game of Dungeons and Dragons.  SHAME ME ALL YOU WANT I WILL BE A WIZARD YOU HEAR ME?
  • How much do you let your academic success/failure affect your life?
    I always look at my failures as springboards to greater heights.  It means that I'm constantly trying to prove and improve myself with each passing day.  That being said, this was about academic success/failure so I really just wasted time being all motivational for nothing.  I've had a lot of academic success, and I personally believe it's added to my ego.
  • Do you believe in first impressions?
    My first impressions have a near-perfect record in terms of accuracy.  It's scary.
  • What period of your life do you think was best?
    I like to think that I haven't experienced it yet.
  • Do you live in present more or brood about past and fantasize about future more?
    I am constantly thinking about my past successes and failure and when it will affect me in the future.  I almost never think about the present in that sense.
  • Your favorite cartoon and why?
    This is a clip from "Duckman."  It should explain a lot about why I love it.  The audio is a little out of sync, but ya know...

  • And finally Harry potter or Twilight? 
    I'm a Ravenclaw and that's more or less all you need to know.











This was the part I was looking forward to the least.  See, I've been blogging for the better part of two years now, and I've still yet to really join the blogging community.  Granted, I've definitely broke some ground in the past two months or so, but in all reality, I don't honestly read enough blogs to write out eleven that I think should, or would, get this award.  And while I'm not shirking out on this opportunity to promote new bloggers, I really can't honestly give you guys links to eleven different blogs.  I don't even read eleven different blogs.  And half the ones I do read have more than the follower limit.

Life sucks sometimes.

So here's how it's going to work.  I'm going to get on to reading and discovering new blogs, and when I find some that I really like, I'll update them on this page.  There are only two right now (well, three, but that person just won this same award as well, just my luck), but that should change in a few days or a couple weeks.  I'll also post the updates on my Facebook and Twitter, so they all get the joy of promotion.  It's more or less the best solution I have to the problem, and apologize 

First up is Talitha, who writes at The Thinkerness, a colorful, wonderful blog that I think you folks will actually enjoy!  She goes off on tangents like I do and it's fantastic.  You'll love it.

The second is a more serious blog, with a lot more serious of a fanbase (as in I am follower number 190).  It's called Spill Beans, written by Ghadeer, who is much more of a writer than a rambler (See, I have taste, too).  She has a lot of really great poetry!

That's all for now.  Again, I do apologize, but it's all I got.  Please check out the blogs, I'll love you forever.












So you think you could get out of these questions?  HAH NOPE IF I AWARDED YOU YOU HAVE TO ANSWER.
  1. If you could have any pet turtle in the world, what kind of turtle would it be and what would its name be?
  2. What's a color that you truly despise?
  3. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  4. If you could go back in time, would you be that time traveler that accidentally became his or her own ancestor?
  5. What caused you to start blogging?
  6. Do you think these questions are pointless?
  7. What's the best award you've ever received?
  8. What's the funniest joke you know?
  9. Are you more of an optimist or a pessimist?
  10. What is your favorite song?
  11. If you could lead one country for a year, which country would you lead?
Okay.  Word.  I'm done.  I'll be sure to update when I find the other nine blogs, and if you know any great non-popular blogs, let me know!  Let me come to your interwebz conversations and stuff!  I won't be the weird one, or at least that weird.

But seriously.  If you know any really great and under-appreciated blogs, lemme know.

10 comments:

  1. umm how about your pals at Awkward Adventures????? http://theeawkwardadventures.blogspot.com

    love, natalie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See it turns out that there is a theawkwardadventures.blogspot.comtthat's some high school chick in somewhere else. I thought you and Mariel stopped.

      Delete
  2. I read a few of your posts. Your sense of humor is impeccable. And you sound like a really creative person.

    Becoming a graphic designer was a wise move since it involves marketing and all. You could create for self expression, but people will usually end up really loving your stuff or really hating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! I'd love to do self expression, too! Hopefully I get more love than no love.

      Delete
  3. I commend your stuck-on-an-island reading choice: 1984 really is the best that's been written.

    To answer your questions:

    1. I don't mind any kind but I'd definitely name it 'Socrates' after my favourite philosopher, and also because turtles seem wise and I bet they'd have a lot to tell us about the mystery of life if they could only speak human.

    2. I can't think of any :/ I love all colours.

    3. Salads. A different one everyday. (I may be cheating here).

    4. Nope.

    5. I needed feedback and a reason to keep writing.

    6. They can't be: "everything happens for a reason"

    7. A scholarship award that gave me a 50% discount on all my university years!

    8. It's in Arabic and won't be funny translated (I tried)

    9. I like to think an optimist, and I guess I am most of the time. Only I get those random inexplicable period in life of pessimism and dark thinking.

    10. The Godfather's soundtrack, I think.

    11. I wouldn't feel deserving of leading any country other than my own (Iraq), but it happens to be probably the most difficult country to lead at the moment so I think I'll just settle with being an ordinary person and mind my own business.

    Thank you for the award! I know I shouldn't, but I love being over-estimated ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!

      Also, I'd look at salads as less of "cheating" and more "finding a loophole."

      Anyway, keep blogging! I just found your blog via searching maniacally and I thought it was great!

      Delete
  4. The only disease I've got is modern life.oh yes.Absolutely.
    Where was Duckman my entire life??!
    Aaaarghh.
    That and the fact that I just made an award post yesterday.Oh well.You'll see my answers next time.And I'll let you know when.
    And you're a Ravenclaw??!
    High five mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ravenclaws for life! WOO!

      And yeah, I discovered Duckman about a year ago,, but it was over after 1997, so I can totally relate.

      Delete